Friday, July 14, 2006


I am just about done setting up my new Monster. I have installed Terracycle Ti Idlers, but Terracycle needs to send me a new bolt for the rear idler. I have a make-shift hardware store bolt in temporarily. Also, next week I may switch my Rotor Cranks from the XXL to the Monster and switch the XTR mountain crank set to the XXL, which will soon be sold. I also added relective tape to the mudguards and matching red streamers to the flag pole.

A nice addition today were some B & M Cyclestar mirrors from Hostelshoppe - http://www.hostelshoppe.com/cgi-bin/readitem.pl?Accessory=987268561. These mirrors fit nicely on the inside of the front mudguards, give a good view and are quite flexible. I have also added a mount for my Garmin 76csx GPS unit. The recently used the Garmin unit on BRAG (Bicycle Ride Across Georgia). The GPS not only is a nice cyclecomputer, but kept me from getting lost at least twice.

I am waiting on a Radical Solo Low Racer Bag from Bentup Cycles. I discovered that this bag, which I use on my VK2, works beautifully on my Monster too. I should be able to mount the bags later this month. Temporarily I am using a Fastback NorBack frame pack. The NorBack is an excellent frame pack, but I need more carrying space. The Radical Solo Low Racer Bag is not only roomy, it is very light and fits nicely in back of the Trice cf seat, without interfering with the wheels.

For lighting I am using a Light & Motion Vega on the front and a red flasher attached to the back of my Bell Metropolis helmet. Here are some more pictures:

No comments: