Saturday, March 26, 2011

Rest Stop at the North End of Longboat Key
The weather forecast said the wind would be 10-15 mph, but it didn't feel that strong.  I did 45 miles at a 15.5 mph pace.  I felt pretty good finishing up a 300 mile week.  Will probably take the next couple of days off due to need for rest and some other commitments.

What surprises me is how strong I feel without eating that much in the morning.  I am usually not hungry after rising.  Last night I made a green smoothie (apple juice, frozen berries, dates, banana, spinach) and drank a glass before heading out about 8:45 am.  During my only rest break I ate half of a Vega bar plus had some apple juice/water mix in my water bottle.  After the workout I still felt strong with no undo need to eat.

During the ride I was thinking about whether I should attempt a brevet series given the volume of training I have gotten this year....will be almost 2900 miles by the end of the month.  I can't get excited about doing these ultra distance cycling events, but maybe I'll change my mind.

No comments: