Friday, March 25, 2011

Sarasota Bay from the north end of Longboat Key
Last night after dinner, I decided to go for a walk.  I had done 55 miles on the bike in the morning, but decided to proceed anyways.  I have been putting many miles in on the bike, and have been thinking that I am not getting enough impact exercise.  I plan to now walk several times per week, plus some pushups and sit ups for core strength.  I ended up walking six miles after dinner, and slept great last night.  Walking is a great way to exercise after a meal, plus it helps set up a good nights sleep.

This morning I was a bit fatigued from yesterday's biking and walking.  Did 44 or so miles on the bike bringing my yearly total to about 2700.  I am on tract to have a 1,000 mile month, my second this year, and should be close to 2900 miles by April 1st.  The wind was stronger this morning.  I started about 9:00 am and finished just before noon.  Took two laps around Longboat Key.  The picture shows a view of Sarasota bay from the north end of LBK.  My training rides here don't lack for beautiful scenery.  The traffic was fairly heavy on Gulf of Mexico Drive.  I am expecting lighter traffic when April comes.  Also, I plan on starting earlier now that the hotter weather approaches.

No comments: