Sunday, September 25, 2011

Training Log Week of September 19, 2011

My training posts will come once a week, rather than daily.  I'd like to record my workouts this way to save labor and to have a good snapshot of the entire works program.  I am still playing with the format for my training logs.  I divided this week into two versions of the log, but will post one weekly training log going forward. 

I am trying to divide my training between cardiovascular (mainly cycling), stretching, intense sprinting, and strength training.  This week was complicated by some upper respiratory problems.  I am not sure whether I had a cold or suffered from Fall allergies.  My sinuses were very congested, had a runny nose, and felt tired all week.  Nevertheless, I completed part of my training plan, which is to multi-task, doing four strength training, 3-4 four stretching routines, and four cardio workouts per week.   I plan two of the cardio workouts to be intense, including intervals and sprinting.

On Monday, I rode at Cartersville with two friends.  We left from the Budweiser Brewery and rode about 36 miles.  It was a cool and windy day.  We had a nice ride of moderate effort.  On Tuesday, I had planned an upper body workout in my home gym, but decided to take the day off and rest.  I did the upper body/abs workout on Wednesday, together with 1/2 hour on the indoor recumbent trainer.  On Thursday I did a short but intense Sprint 8 workout on the recumbent trainer, and on Saturday I did a lower body workout.  I did a complete stretching routine on Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday.

No comments: