Sunday, July 17, 2011

I really like these gym workouts.  My upper body is beginning to firm up and my strength increasing.

The problem with endurance cycling alone is the lack of attention to total fitness.  With these workouts I am gaining upper body and core strength that should help my cycling as well.

The nice thing is that when it is hot out, I can simply workout at home in air conditioned comfort, or go to a gym.  My plan is to gradually increase the reps within this circuit and then when I reach my max in reps slowly increase the weight of each exercise.  Two times per week seems good, but I am tempted to increase to thrice weekly.  We'll see.

Weight after workout - 167

This morning I had a green smoothie with an apple, banana, orange, ground flax seeds, kale, spinach, ginger root, cinnamon, cloves, and 2 dates. For lunch I had a whole grain tortilla with chopped broccoli, peppers, hummus, celery, carrots, last nights spaghetti/marinara and some cherries for dessert.  For dinner I had a vegetable bean soup and whole wheat bread with almond butter and berry jam.  Dessert was a banana and some cherries.

No comments: