Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Today was a chest/shoulder/back workout.  In my journal to the left, I present the workout in mindmap format.  The exercises highlighted in green are the exercises for today.  I am going easy until I get back into the swing of things on weight training.  The workout took about 1 1/2 hours including 20 minutes of indoor rowing and stretching at the end of the workout.  I felt good, and look forward to increasing the intensity of this workout.



I am trying to cut back a bit on fruit sugar, and increase complex carbs.  For breakfast this morning I had a green smoothie (2 oranges, 2 cup mixed frozen berries, 1 TBSP ground flax seeds,  1/2 TBSP pumpkin seeds, 2 large kale leaves, 2 cups of spring salad mix.  For lunch I had a whole wheat tortilla with a cooked white potato, hummus, chopped peppers, chopped onion and 2 cups of spring salad mix.  Ate the tortilla with some greek olives.  For dinner, we had potato/squash soup, whole wheat bread with almond butter and low sugar jam.  Bananas (2), a peach, some dates and a few almonds for dessert.

No comments: