Saturday, July 30, 2011

My lower body was sore and achy after yesterday's workout, but I guess that means it was good.  Today, I did an arms workout -- biceps, triceps, forearms, abs, rowing and some finishing stretches.  I felt surprisingly fresh and strong, given yesterday's tough lower body routine.  So far, I am enjoying my foray into body building workouts.








Breakfast was a green smoothie (2 oranges, banana, 1 cup of mixed frozen berries, 1 ounce ground flax seeds, 1/2 ounce of ground sesame seeds, 1.5 ounces of frozen organic kale and 3 ounces of organic baby spinach.  Lunch was a whole wheat tortilla stuffed with hummus, brown rice, black beans, onion and some mixed salad greens.  Dinner was a salad with quinoa, fresh snap beans, peppers and an ear of corn.  Dates and almonds with a banana for dessert.

No comments: