Friday, July 22, 2011

Stone Mountain Park is one of my favorite places to ride.  This is a great place to do hill repeats because the steep climbs come one after another.  None of the climbs are terribly long, but they range from 7-12 percent grades, with one that is as steep as 16 percent at the top and about 1/4 mile long.

There are two loops that I can do, one is 5 miles long with about 350 feet of climbing and the other is 7.5 miles long with about 600 feet of climbing.  Today I did the 7.5 mile loop three times and the five mile loop roughly 2.5 times for a total of 37 + miles with 2800 feet of climbing.


It was a very hot day and I really wilted at the end, although for the first 22-23 miles I felt pretty good.

Nutrition today was good.  I ate only fruit before during and after the ride....bananas, medjool dates and watermelon, which I carried in a cooler in my van.  I returned home about 2 pm and had a whole wheat tortilla stuffed with hummus, avocado, cooked lentils, romaine, baby spinach, onions and peppers.  For dinner I had brown rice with tofu, broccoli,  and yellow peppers, with a banana for dessert.   Click on the image to the left for nutrition details.

No comments: