Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The picture was taken at my favorite Silver Comet Trail rest stop just west of the Pumpkinhead Trestle.  I did a 50 mile ride in quite humid weather, but I felt pretty good the entire ride.  Since I have reinstalled my dual density foam seat pad, the bike is lots more comfortable.  I trade-off firmness for cushiness, which seems to work better for me, especially over longer distances.  The firm Zotefoam pad feels 'racier', but clearly is not as comfortable.  At this point, I opt for comfort.  

My training is going well, I like the four day a week cycling routine with Sundays and Thursdays in the gym working on core strength.  One rest day per week, usually Tuesday.

I was in a hurry to get going this morning, so I quickly ate some watermelon before leaving the house.  I brought bananas, medjool dates, peaches and an orange with me in my cooler.  Ate a couple of bananas and several dates on the say to the Silver Comet Trail.  Then ate several more dates and a banana during the ride.  Ate a peach and another banana and some more dates after the ride.

Upon returning home, I had a green smoothie composed of baby organic spinach, a banana, some fresh strawberries and blueberries, frozen blueberries, raspberries and blackberries, and ground seeds (flax, sesame and sunflower).  Ate some almonds and brazil nuts with the smoothie.

For dinner I had a salad with cooked lentils, grapes, cucumber, green peppers and mixed salad greens.  Had some more fruit for dessert.  Calorie totals for the day was about 3200 with a breakdown of 13% fat, 79% carbohydrates and 8% protein.   Double click on the picture to the left to see the complete nutritional breakdown.

No comments: