Saturday, August 06, 2011

Did a arms (biceps/triceps/forearms) workout.  This is a great program.  The muscles of the arm are really pumped after multiple sets/reps.  Too bad that nobody is interested in my biceps anymore.  When I was a teenager, I could get dates based solely on my pumped up biceps.  Now, I am the only one that notices.

It was very hot and humid outside today.  So, it felt good to stay inside in the air conditioned home gym.













Before my workout at about 10 am, I ate a banana and a couple of medjool dates.  After the workout I had a stuffed whole wheat tortilla with guacamole, onions, a baked potato cut up into chunks, some sliced carrots and a cup of mixed salad greens.  I had a green smoothie in the afternoon with an orange, two bananas, ground flax seeds, a cup of frozen kale and two cups of baby organic spinach.  For dinner we had some whole grain bread with almond butter and low sugar preserves, plus potato, black bean and kale soup.  Click on the the image to the left to see nutrition details.

No comments: