Friday, August 12, 2011

Today was an arm (biceps, triceps, forearms) workout.  I felt tired at the start, but gained energy and focus as the workout proceeded.  I did four separate exercises for the triceps and am beginning to see, and feel, more definition.  I did three exercises for the biceps and four for the forearms.  For the triceps, I tried some dips.  My strength isn't adequate to to deep dips, but I did three sets of shallow dips with 5 reps each.  As I proceed, I intend to increase the amount of dip.  This is a great compound exercise that concentrates on the triceps.  This was a tiring workout.  I am ready for a nap.


 Before my workout this morning, I had a green smoothie with one orange, one banana, 1 cup of mixed frozen berries, 1 tablespoon of ground flax seeds, 1/2 tablespoon of ground sunflower seeds, 1 1/2 tablespoons of Vega Sport  Plan Based Protein, 1 cup of kale,  and 3 cups of organic baby spinach. For lunch I had a whole-wheat tortilla, with hummus, sweet potato, chopped peppers, chopped onions, and some mixed salad greens. For dinner my wife and I went to a Chinese restaurant and I had steam mixed vegetables with several cups of white rice topped with Chinese white sauce. I have banana and some dates for dessert

No comments: