Sunday, August 21, 2011

Did the upper body routine today with 22 exercises, 1 set per exercise.  I worked the repetitions until near failure.  I rested between 1-2 minutes per exercise.  I covered chest, back, shoulders, arm/forearms, abs.  This is a hard workout.  I like it for several reasons, one of which is that I can move from exercise to exercise without changing weights.  I set up the equipment before I start and just move from one to the next with appropriate rest in between.  I am having trouble with dips, partly because I am tired by the time I get to this exercise, and mostly because I have a lot of strength to improve.

 This was a typical day.  I made a green smoothie with banana, medjool dates, apple juice, ground flax seeds, Vega Health Optimizer, kale and spinach before the workout.  A couple hours after the workout, I had a whole wheat tortilla with boiled potato, hummus, peppers, onions, leftover pasta sauce, and mixed salad greens.  For dinner we had potato soup with spinach, and corn plus matzo with almond butter and low sugar cherry preserves.  Had a couple of dates and a peach for dessert.

No comments: