Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Leg workout today with 10 minutes of hill walking warmup and 12 minutes of fast hill walking at the end with stretching.  I bought a new seated calf machine, which allows me to run through two different exercises for the calves.  I felt good on the 3 sets of deep squats I did at the end with progressing weights from 125 to 135 to 140.  Before the workout, I reorganized my home gym so that the space is a little more orderly.



 Before my workout (about an hour), I drank a typical green smoothie with 2 bananas, orange, cup of mixed frozen berries, ground flax seeds, 1 ounce of kale and 3 ounces of baby spinach.  For lunch I had a whole wheat tortilla, with homemade guacamole, hummus, brown rice, black beans, and a cup of arugula.  Dinner was kale and pasta soup with some bread, matzo, almond butter and low sugar mixed berry preserves.  Various fruit for dessert. 

No comments: