Monday, August 08, 2011

Of the three gym workouts I do, this (Back/Shoulders/Chest/Abs) is the toughest.  My upper body and core muscles really get assaulted.  The weights I use are light, but I still am spent at the end.  I feel like my body is responding to the workouts, I have minimal soreness the next day, and am ready for the next workout.  Tomorrow I'll do a bike ride, so I skipped the rowing that I usually do at the end of this workout.




 I started the day with a glass of water with some lemon juice followed by a banana and some grapes.  An hour later, I made a green smoothie with 2 bananas, 1 orange, 2 dates, 1 TBSP of ground flax seeds,  1/2 TBSP of sunflower seeds, 1 ounce of kale and 3 ounces  of organic baby spinach.  I also added some Vega plant protein supplement.  For lunch after my training, I had a whole wheat tortilla with hummus, avocado, carrots, onions, cut up baked potato, and mixed salad greens.  I snacked on bananas and dates in the afternoon.  For dinner we had a baked sweet potato, and an arugula, avocado, celery salad with a rice vinegar dressing. 

No comments: