Thursday, August 04, 2011

My bodybuilding workouts are starting to become more intense.  I reorganized the lower body workout according to Frank Zane's training DVD.  Now I start with working the calves.  I recently bought a seated calf machine, which I will pick up on Tuesday.  This will give me a more complete set of calf workouts.

After the calves, I concentrated on the inner and outer thighs (adductors and abductors), went on to hamstring curls and quad

extensions, did some hard side lunges and finished off with 3 sets of deep squats on the leg blaster.  Before today, I would start with the squats.  At the end I did 18 minutes of hill walking on the treadmill at level 7 incline, and some stretches.

This was a rare day when I ate too little.  Combined with a tough workout, I was really spent in the evening and had a hard time sleeping.  I woke at 3 pm and had to get something to eat, so I snacked on a whole wheat tortilla with some hummus and pasta.

In the morning I had a green smoothie with an orange, banana, peach, ground flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, kale and spinach.  I then worked out and didn't eat much until dinner.  Dinner was some soba noodles with various vegetables and lots of fruit for dessert.  I wasn't that hungry after dinner, but did snack on some dates, grapes and almonds. I am still learning to eat to better accommodate my bodybuilding workouts.

No comments: