Thursday, August 11, 2011

I woke up early this morning, so I headed out to Stone Mountain Park and got started around 7 am.  I finished about 8:45 am with a stop at the bathroom facilities at the Confederate Museum.  My legs were tired and felt heavy from the lower body workout of the day before.  I also didn't drink enough water, so felt dehydrated at the finish.  Bike training after lower body workouts will be a challenge.
I ate a banana and some dates before the ride and several dates and some almonds after.  When I got home I had a green smoothie with orange, banana, mixed frozen berries, flax seeds, kale and spinach.  I also added some Vega Sport Plant-Based Performance Protein to the smoothie.  I had lunch with a friend at Sweet Tomatoes salad bar restaurant and had a huge salad with a baked potato with a little minestrone soup spooned on the potato.  For dinner, I had a whole wheat tortilla with hummus, peppers, onions, quinoa risotta, and some mixed salad greens.  I had a couple of bananas and some dates for dessert.



No comments: